TASTINGTOURS® is a licensed tour operator founded by Silvia Aprato in 2005 specialized in customizing in-depth food & wine tours for individuals or small groups. All of our tours are private, arranged upon request and always escorted by a licensed tour guide or sommelier with a great knowledge of the local wines, traditions and history.
“I was born and raised here in Piedmont where I still live and work. I first graduated as a translator and interpreter, then I gradually turned my passion for wine into a proper job: in 2005 I got the license as an official tour guide here in Piedmont – this is why I lead tours myself too. I like going around with people, taking them to some of the best producers who have now become dear friends of mine, and sharing my knowledge of local wines, food, history and culture with visitors coming from everywhere in the world. Finally, in 2010, I also became a qualified sommelier at Fisar, a famous Italian association of wine tasters in order to further increase my wine know-how.
Little by little, talking to the producers, hearing their stories about the weather trend, the soil and grape behaviour, experiencing the several harvests, and tasting the different wines over the years, I was therefore able to put together a unique expertise in wine tasting and wine tourism I am very proud and jelous of.
TASTING TOURS® is specialised in exclusive private food & wine tours in Piedmont, northern Italy, where some of the finest Italian wines are produced – Barolo, Barbaresco and Barbera to mention but a few. Our tour company customizes private food and wine tours with licensed tour guides and drivers who will introduce you to the local history, traditions and the extraordinary food and wine heritage.
Tours are designed according to your specific needs, and are mainly addressed to:
– Wine connoisseurs who wish to experience an in-depth discovery of the best wine producers.
– Wine lovers who are interested in discovering our region and its wines, food, history and culture.
– Travel companies who may see an advantage in including our luxury guided tours and expert consultancy in their all-inclusive package tours.
– Business travellers who come to our country for work and often extend their stay over the week-end. By relying on the experience of our tour guides and consultants, they have the possibility to discover the best our territory has to offer in a limited period of time.
– Hotels and congress centres that wish to give their customers an “added value” by securing the service of a personal, highly qualified guide who will introduce them to local treasures, shops, artisans and sites that the average visitor would simply never find.
TASTING TOURS® is a registered trademark. Transmission to third parties, disclosure, copying and/or any other unauthorized use of the information contained in this web site is not allowed and may contravene local laws.
Tax ID number (VAT. no.) 01295370058
REA no.: AT-114991