Private day-trip with local tour guide in the Langhe area to discover the sought-after Barolo and Barbaresco wines.
- Sightseeing in the Barolo area of production: stop in Grinzane Cavour to visit the imposing XIII century castle; La Morra with the scenic “belvedere” or Barolo, the town where the “king of wines” was first produced in the XIX century. Here you can walk up to the Falletti castle, home of the French Marquise Juliette Colbert (the lady who created Barolo wine) and visit the Regional Enoteca of Barolo.
- Visit a Barolo-producing winery in one of the 11 Barolo villages, e.g. Barolo, La Morra, Castiglione Falletto, Serralunga d’Alba, Monforte d’Alba, etc. Visit the cellars and enjoy a final wine-tasting.
- Short walk in Alba, once called the “One Hundred Towers Town”, famous for the International White Truffle Fair which occurs each year in October. Walk along the main street and time at leisure for lunch.
- Visit the Barbaresco area: walk in the village of Barbaresco with the imposing squared tower built in the late XI century to protect the village from foreign invaders, and stop at theRegional Enoteca of Barbaresco located in the deconsecrated church of San Donato.
- Visit a Barbaresco-producing winery in one of the three villages which are allowed to produce this wine, i.e. Barbaresco, Neive or Treiso with final wine-tasting.